Terms and conditions of MyTeleDoc.
[Remote Out Of Hours (OOH) booked GP consultation services].
This service should NOT be used in possible medical emergencies or situations that may require urgent medical attention. If you think that your or someone else’s situation, is or might become an emergency, you should IMMEDIATELY STOP using this service and call 999.
Examples are: Severe chest pain, Difficulty in breathing, Active or severe bleeding, Loss of consciousness, Slurred speech, Facial drooping, Inability to move an arm or leg, Acute confusional state, Fits/seizures, Major trauma, A rash that does not disappear under a glass tumbler being pressed against it, Possible stroke or Heart attack, Swallowing a foreign object such as a battery, Sudden loss of vision or hearing. The list is not exhaustive.
MyTeleDoc is a private fee paying Out of Hours (OOH) pre booked remote (Telephone/Video) GP service. There is no additional fee for the video consultation and patient can switch between them during the consultation.
- In accepting a consultation with a medical practitioner, you agree to pay for the practitioner’s time regardless of the outcome of the consultation (with or without a prescription). Any additional time, investigation or treatment is chargeable at additional cost. The fee for a phone/video consultation is taken prior to commencement of the consultation.
- There are limitations to remote consultations including prescribing and the doctor may advice you that you need to be examined. The fee is non refundable. If you are advised to attend a face to face consultation about the same problem the next day following a phone or a video consultation, you will NOT be charged any additional consultation fee. However, you will incur the cost of blood test, ECG or any other investigation/referral required.
- We can only consult with the patient themselves or the parent or legal guardian of a child under 16. We cannot conduct a consultation about a relative or friend without their permission although we can give general health advice. The person must be in the UK at the time of the consultation or normally reside in the UK.
- We reserve the right to refuse to conduct a telephone/video consultation or to terminate a consultation.
- Phone/Video consultations can be booked online anytime but it is advisable that you should contact Dr Jane Benn and Associates between 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. weekdays on 02089588557. If you cannot have a consultation during these times then you can make an appointment for this clinic.
- Appointment for the Out of Hours service is available only when Dr Benn’s surgery is closed from 6:00 p.m.-10:15 p.m. on weekdays & 9:00 a.m.- noon and 4:00 p.m.- 7:00 p.m. on weekends and bank holidays. Although we will endeavour to provide a consistent service during these times and will provide information about any changes on our website and emailing our existing patients, in exceptional circumstances we may have to cancel the appointments. They are subject to change at a short notice due to unforeseen circumstances such as unavailability of the doctor, problem with internet, telephone, video streaming, software problems and other technical issues.
- Standard telephone/video consultation is for 15 minutes. If you have poor mobile reception in your area, then it is advisable to use landline. Video consultation is web based and will require an internet or a wi-fi connection in your area.
- Telephone/Video Consultations must not be recorded without prior permission of the consulting doctor.
- When a video appointment is confirmed we will send you an email with a link to access the service. Very occasionally, email systems can experience delays outside of our control. There may be a delay in receiving the video link if it’s decided during the telephone consultation to switch to video call.
- Should a video consultation not be possible for any reason, the clinician will initiate or attempt to continue the consultation over the telephone.
- The clinician reserves the right to terminate the telephone/video consultation in the event of any inappropriate behaviour.
- Prescribing policy: The diagnosing clinician can offer you a private prescription where they feel that prescription medication could assist you in treating your symptoms.Electronic prescriptions will be issued and sent directly to the chemist/pharmacist. All medications dispensed on private prescriptions incur a cost (They are NOT free even for children, patients on benefits, over 60s, pregnant women and all other categories which are normally entitled as free on NHS prescription) payable to the pharmacist. CONTROLLED DRUG (CD) PRESCRIPTIONS WILL NOT BE ISSUED. Certain medications such as sedatives, hypnotics, tranquillisers, anti psychotics etc will be issued (both in terms of quantity and duration) at the sole discretion of the prescribing doctor. Please be aware that some medications cannot be prescribed remotely, and the clinician will advise you if they are unable to do so. In the absence of possession and knowledge of your medical records and follow up care, the service is not suitable for issuing repeat prescriptions (except to cover the shortfall, to prevent running out of essential medications). If you are unable to satisfactorily answer the clinician’s questions, then they may not be able to raise a private prescription.
- Private prescriptions will only be issued if following conditions are met: At the sole discretion of the clinician, during a telephone or video consultation, it is safe, clinically appropriate and in the best interest of the patient and complies with our prescribing policy.
- This service is not suitable for providing sick notes, medical forms, claim forms, insurance medicals, referral to specialists and medication review . For such services you should contact your NHS GP or you can register at Dr Benn’s Surgery during office hours from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. by calling 02089588557.
- We cannot accept responsibility for unobtainable telephone numbers.
- All patient details and records are kept in the strictest of confidence and will be shared with Dr Benn’s surgery (as you will be a registered patient) to provide continuity of care during office hours. If you require your consultation to be shared with your NHS GP, then you must provide us with their/practice email address at the time of booking or end of consultation. If you require sharing this information to your NHS GP (or anyone else for which you have given consent) at a later date then you must contact Dr Benn’s surgery during office hours on 02089588557. There may an administrative fee for this service, but you must check this with Dr Benn’s surgery.
- We are obliged to share relevant information with relevant authorities such as police, social services etc about yourselves or your next of kin in case you are in a danger or danger to others, or when required to do so by a court order.
- Medical practitioners are responsible for their own clinical practice and for the advice, investigation and treatment that they provide.
- Medical practitioners are not available for patients’ wellbeing outside of the service hours mentioned above. They should contact NHS 111, Doctorcall/Night doctor on 0344 257 9510 or 999 for emergencies. They should contact Dr Benn’s surgery during office hours on 02089588557.
- All payments will collected via online payment processor Stripe. Stripe is linked to our booking /consultation software provided by Heydoc. Heydoc is registered with Care Quality Commission. Please see Heydoc GDPR, CQC reports here. Please see our refund/cancellation policy for further details.
- Payments received over the phone noted on the paper manually will be shredded securely, once they have been entered into our secure Stripe payment processor. You will given an option for saving those details on our payment processor for future payments.